This 12–Week Legs & Butt program is for any woman with at least 1-2 years of consistent strength training experience (i.e., 2-3 times per week) and will be training at a Commercial Gym. Although it is specifically designed with an emphasis on training the legs and butt, you will train the upper body one day per week in conjunction with one of your lower body workouts and you’ll also have the option of doing an additional upper body only session on the weekend.
Inside the App, there is a Coaching section where you will find the following: Program Design Handbook, Nutrition Essentials Guide and a sample 7-Day Meal Plan for each 4-week phase based on your caloric needs. In the Programs section, you will find the workouts themselves (see below for details) which not only include all of the program details, but also short video clips of all of the movements, detailed exercise descriptions and coaching tips.
As for the training program itself, it is split into three, 4-week training phases in the following manner:
- Strength Training Workouts
- Monday: Lower Body Workout
- Wednesday: Total Body Workout
- Friday: Lower Body Workout
- Saturday: Upper Body Workout (Optional)
- Note: The strength training workouts will change for each phase.
- The workouts should take under an hour, which includes the dynamic warm-up (i.e., Movement Preparation) and the optional, post-workout static stretching.
- Energy Systems Development Workouts
- The conditioning workouts should be performed two times per week on the days in between strength training days.
- In Phase 1, there will be two days per week of medium-intensity intervals in order to develop some Aerobic Power.
- In Phase 2, there will be two days per week of high-intensity intervals designed to develop your Anaerobic Lactic Capacity.
- In Phase 3, you will perform two days per week of even higher intensity intervals designed to develop your Anaerobic Lactic Power.
- The sessions will vary in duration from 22-46 minutes, depending your current fitness level, the type of workout being performed and which week of the program you are in.