This 12-Week Combat Athlete program is for anyone with at least 1-2 years of consistent strength training experience (i.e., 2-3 times per week), who will be training at a Commercial Gym and trains &/or competes in any combat sport like boxing, kickboxing, jiu-jitsu or MMA.
Inside the App, there is a Coaching section where you will find the following: Program Design Handbook, Nutrition Essentials Guide and a sample 7-Day Meal Plan for each 4-week phase based on your caloric needs. In the Programs section, you will find the workouts themselves (see below for details) which not only include all of the program details, but also short video clips of all of the movements, detailed exercise descriptions and coaching tips.
As for the training program itself, it is split into three, 4-week training phases in the following manner:
- Strength Training Workouts
- There is one total body strength training workout for each phase and it should be performed three times per week on non-consecutive days (i.e., M, W, and F).
- Note: The strength training workout will change for each phase.
- The workouts should take under an hour, which includes the dynamic warm-up (i.e., Movement Preparation) and the optional, post-workout static stretching.
- Energy Systems Development Workouts
- The conditioning workouts should be performed two times per week on the days in between the strength training workouts during Phase 1 and three times per week on the non-strength training days during Phase 2.
- In Phase 1, there will be three days per week of low intensity, steady-state work in order to build your Aerobic Capacity.
- In Phase 2, there will be two days per week of medium-intensity intervals in order to develop some Aerobic Power and one day per week of lower intensity, steady-state work in order to maintain your Aerobic Capacity.
- In Phase 3, there will be one day per week of high-intensity intervals in order to develop your Anaerobic Lactic Capacity; one day per week of very high intensity intervals designed to develop your Anaerobic Alactic Capacity and one day per week of low intensity, steady-state work as a form of Aerobic Recovery.
- The sessions will vary in duration from 24-51 minutes, depending your current fitness level, the type of workout being performed and which week of the program you are in.